Texas Master Sign Electrician License
The Master Sign Electrician License enables its holder to:
- Manufacture, install, maintain, extend, connect and reconnect electrical wiring systems and related appurtenances, apparatus, and equipment used in connection with signs, outline lighting, awnings, signals, light emitting diodes
- Repair existing outdoor electric discharge lighting, including parking lot pole lighting
- Install electrical services integral to an isolated sign and/or outline lighting installation
Electrical Sign work can be conducted on behalf of an Electrical Sign Contractor.
How to Apply for a Master Sign Electrician License?
- Be able to demonstrate twelve thousand Texas-licensed Master Electrician or Master Sign Electrician supervised hours of on-the-job training
- This experience must be documented on an Experience Verification Form that must be sent in alongside the Application Form
- If the direct Master Electrician or Master Sign Electrician under whose supervision the work was conducted is not able to fill out the form, the candidate may contact the Electrical or Electrical Sign Contractor organization, or use the TDLR License Search to locate them
- Turn in a filled out Master Sign Electrician License Application Form with the corresponding non-refundable fee. This form must be sent to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation P.O Box 12157 in Austin, Texas 78711-2157
- Schedule an exam with PSI© once the Department has received, verified and approved the application. More information regarding the Electrician Exam can be found on the Electrician Examination Information page
- If the applicant were to fail the exam, a retake can be scheduled with PSI© within 24 to 48 hours after failing it. This process can be repeated as long as the application is current (one year from turning in the application).
- Await for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) to give a response once the application and examination results are completed and reviewed
Texas Master Sign Electrician License Exam Prep Course
Texas Master Sign Electrician License Exam
Below is all the information related to the trade exam, including the official reference list.
Texas Master Sign Electrician Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing; open book
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 100
- Types of Questions: Multiple choice
- Time Allowed: 300 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (No. of Questions):
- Definitions, Calculations, and Theory (6)
- Electrical Services, Service Equipment, and Separately Derived Systems (16)
- Electrical Feeders (3)
- Branch Circuit Calculations and Conductors (15)
- Electrical Wiring Methods and Electrical Materials (8)
- Electrical Equipment and Devices (10)
- Motors (2)
- Electrical Control Devices and Disconnecting Means (4)
- Electric Signs and Outline Lighting (36)
- PSI© Master Sign Electrician Official Content Outline
Texas Master Sign Electrician Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Master Sign Electrician exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
TEXAS MASTER SIGN ELECTRICIAN - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $157.42
TEXAS MASTER SIGN ELECTRICIAN - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $167.42
Texas Master Sign Electrician Exam Books
Book Allowed in Testing