Texas Asbestos Abatement Contractor License
The Asbestos Abatement Contractor License allows you to conduct the following activities as a company:
- Engage in asbestos abatement for a public building under contract or other agreements
- Employ Licensed Asbestos Abatement Supervisors and Registered Asbestos Abatement Workerss
- Collaborate with a responsible person who has completed the Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor training
- Work with a Licensed O&M Supervisor or an Asbestos Abatement Supervisor who carries out Asbestos Abatement Workers responsibilities
- Hire a Asbestos Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Supervisor or a Licensed Asbestos Abatement Supervisor to oversee SSSD O&M activities
An Asbestos Abatement Contractor MUST NOT engage in an asbestos abatement activity in a public building unless the Asbestos Project Manager/Asbestos Consultant and Asbestos Abatement Supervisor are on-site.
How to Get the Asbestos Abatement Contractor’s License in Texas?
- Comply with the requirements set forth for Asbestos Abatement Contractor:
- For foreign or out of State Companies: Certificate of Authority to do business in Texas issued by the Secretary of State or proof of exemption filed
- For all Companies: Documentation of exemption or evidence of good standing from the Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts or statement of exemption
- Assumed Name Paperwork if operating as a DBA
- Complete Business Information Form
- Most recent Training Certificate and ID (if applicable) of Asbestos Contractors & Supervisors Course for the responsible individual
- Asbestos Supervisor ID Card for the accountable person
- Evidence of Asbestos Abatement Liability Insurance coverage
- Standard Operating Procedures that meet the requirements of the Texas Asbestos Health Protection (TAHPR) 295.45 (e) (5-16) - copies of Federal Regulations may be obtained from the EPA Regional Office at 1201 Elm Street, Suite 500 Dallas, TX 75270
- Determine if the Asbestos Abatement Application is available online
- Pay the corresponding application fee
- Expect a response from the Department after the application has been validated.