Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor License
The Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Water conditioning equipment
- Misting systems
- Exchange tanks
- Indirect waste pipe (brine, backwash, rinse water)
- Trenching, backfilling, and grading
- Piping, fittings, and valves
- Concrete supports
- Electrical control panels of less than 25 volts
- Required grounding devices
How to get the Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 2 or 0 Years* in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
Less than $375,000 | $4,250
$375,000 or more | $7,500
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Before getting your Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: Yes | *If two years of experience or more, no need to take the trade test. If no experience, do need to take the trade test.
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 30
- Time Allowed: 75 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Trenching, Backfilling, and Grading (4)
- Concrete (4)
- Electrical - Low Voltage Installation (4)
- Piping, Fittings, and Valves (6)
- Waste including Indirect Waste (3)
- Water Conditioning (6)
- OSHA Safety (3)
- PSI© Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Official Content Outline
Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA WATER CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT (R-54) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $534.18
ARIZONA WATER CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT (R-54) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $604.18
Arizona Water Conditioning Equipment (R-54) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing