Saturday, December 9, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

Texas Structural Pest Control Applicator License

The Structural Pest Control Applicator License allows the holder to:

  • Be employed as a certified commercial applicator or a certified noncommercial applicator
  • Training and supervision to apprentices and technicians registered with the business
  • Inspection, identification and control of pests in (depending on the type of license: Commercial or Noncommercial):
    • Homes
    • Restaurants
    • Stores
    • Other buildings
    • Governmental entities
    • Apartment buildings
    • Day-care centers
    • Hospitals
    • Nursing homes
    • Hotels
    • Motels
    • Lodges
    • Warehouses
    • Food-processing establishments
    • Schools or educational institutions

How to Get the Structural Pest Control Applicator License in Texas?

  1. Meet all the education and experience requirements for Structural Pest Control Applicator:
    • Have held a Technician License for at least six months
    • Have been employed with duties including pest control services under the supervision of a Licensed or Certified Applicator for at least 12 of the last 24 months
    • Have a degree in a biological science such as agronomy, animal science, landscape architecture, entomology, biology, agricultural science, environmental science, forestry, chemistry, or horticulture, or have 12 months of verifiable technical field experience in the past 24 months from another occupation
    • The Noncommercial Applicators must complete a SPCS approved Noncommercial Applicator Training Course
    • If the applicant does not hold a Technician License, they will need to submit ONE of the following documents verifying the eligibility for a Certified Applicator License:
      • Official transcripts of a two-year or four-year Degree in a biological science (agronomy, entomology, animal science, landscape architecture, forestry, agricultural science, biology, chemistry, environmental science, or horticulture)
      • Record of a Previous CA Licensee in Texas (must be on file with the Department)
      • Letter of the Technician or Applicator License verification from a different State
      • Letter outlining Other Industry Experience and any supporting documentation requested by the Department
      • Copy of correspondence from the Department granting hardship if applicable
  2. Submit the Application for Certified Applicator Exam and License Form (for mailing purposes), or apply online
    • If the applicant is currently a Certified Applicator or working for a business or the license is inactive and wish to add a category, they may contact PSI© to schedule an examination
  3. Pay the corresponding fee
  4. Take the exam with PSI© and pass it with a score of 70 or higher
  5. Await for the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) notification once the application process for Structural Pest Control Applicator has been successfully completed