Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) License
The Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) License provides you with authorization to conduct the following activities:
- Plan, install, certify, repair, and monitor:
- Residential and Commercial fire alarms
- Detection systems and devices
“Certify” means that the licensee certifies that the system meets Insurance Code Chapter 6002 requirements. Certification does not mean the licensee can issue a certificate or placard stating that the system meets central station requirements.
A Licensed Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) may act as a designated employee to a business wishing to obtain an ACR, a requisite for Alarm Branch Office Certificate of Registration and Alarm Certificate of Registration – Single-Station (ACR-SS).
How to Get the Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) License in Texas?
- View the Alarm License and Test Information document to learn about the scopes of work, application criteria, and exam clarifications
- Pass the Fire Alarm Statute & Rules (TFM11) exam
- Obtain a biometric background check if one is not already on SFMO's records
- Read, fulfill, and submit the Fire Alarm License Application (SF032)
- Provide the name of the company where the employee will be registered
- The business must apply for a Fire Alarm Certificate of Registration (SF031) if the SFMO has not licensed it yet
- Send any required documentation, and pay the fees in full by mailing them to the Texas Department of Insurance (State Fire Marshal’s Office - P.O. Box 12107, Austin, Texas 78711-2107) or through the Sircon online platform
- The cost for more than one application must be combined into a singular payment to cover all fees
- Expect an answer from the Office after the application for Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) has been successfully validated
- Individual Licenses are sent via email to the licensee's registered email address; paper licenses and pocket cards are no longer provided
- Contact the State Fire Marshal Office at (512) 676-6800, or at
Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) License Exam
Below is all the information related to the trade exam, including the official reference list.
Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) Fire Alarm Statute & Rules TFM11 Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing; closed book
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Types of Questions: True/false or multiple choice
- Time Allowed: 120 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved:
- Texas Insurance Code - Fire Detection and Alarm Device Installation
- Texas Administrative Code - Fire Alarm Rules
- SFMO Fire Alarm Statute & Rules TFM11 Official Content Outline
Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
TEXAS FIRE ALARM PLANNING SUPERINTENDENT (APS) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $20.00
TEXAS FIRE ALARM PLANNING SUPERINTENDENT (APS) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $30.00
Texas Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS) Exam Books
Books Not Allowed in Testing