North Carolina Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor License
A Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor's license in NC authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair swimming pool bonding work only as an incident to the licensee’s business of installing, maintaining, or repairing swimming pools. Furthermore, the license authorizes the licensee to perform only the following:
- Bonding together of all of the following metal parts on or near a swimming pool installation:
- All metal parts of the pool structure, including the reinforcing metal of the pool shell, coping stones, and deck;
- All forming shells;
- All metal fittings within or attached to the pool structure; and
- All metal conduit, metal piping, fixed metal parts.
- Installation of a common bonding grid, bonding together all parts listed in Subdivision (1);
- Installation of the forming shells for lighting fixtures and underwater audio equipment;
- Installation of the conduits extending from the lighting fixture and audio equipment forming shells to deck or junction boxes and the installation of the deck or junction boxes;
- Installation of the lighting fixtures and audio equipment in their respective forming shells from the forming shells to the deck or junction boxes, leaving appropriate leads in the deck or junction boxes to which the circuit conductors can be connected by others; and
- Installation of a bonding conductor and from the point of its connection to the common bonding grid to a readily accessible point at the circulating pump location.
How to Get the NC Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least two years of experience, of which at least one year shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.
- You must include on the application information verifying that the applicant is primarily engaged in, or is regularly employed by and will be the listed qualified individual for a firm that is primarily engaged in, a lawful swimming pool business in this State.
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor Exam
Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 1h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 25
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Boxes and Fittings
- Special Occupancies and Hazardous Locations
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA SWIMMING POOL ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $339.84
NORTH CAROLINA SWIMMING POOL ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $369.84
Swimming Pool Electrical Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing