North Carolina Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor License
"Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor" shall permit an electrical contractor to engage in electrical contracting projects pertaining to single-family detached residential dwellings. The value of a single project pertaining to a single-family detached residential dwelling shall not be in excess of the maximum value, established in G.S. 87-43.3, of a single project engaged in by a licensee with a license classified as limited.
How to Get the NC Residential Dwelling Electrical (Single Family) Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Residential Dwelling Electrical (Single Family) Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least two years of experience, of which at least one year shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor Exam
Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 3h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 40
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wiring Methods and Terminations
- Boxes and Fittings
- Service Entrance and Equipment
- Motors and Control Wiring
- Special Occupancies and Hazardous Locations
- Load Calculations
- Appliances, Equipment, and Lighting
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTIAL DWELLING ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $326.88
NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTIAL DWELLING ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $310.92
Residential Dwelling Electrical Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
The 2017 National Electrical Code is used as a ref...$115.21$115.21
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code includes the late...$121.27$121.27
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$6.43$6.43
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$12.00$12.00