North Carolina Interior Construction Contractor License
The Interior Construction Contractor classification in North Carolina covers the installation of acoustical ceiling systems and panels, drywall partitions (load bearing and nonload bearing), lathing and plastering, flooring and finishing, interior recreational surfaces, window and door installation, and installation of fixtures, cabinets and millwork. It includes the removal of asbestos and replacement with non-toxic substances.
How to Get the NC Interior Construction Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Interior Construction) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Interior Construction Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Interior Construction Contractor Exam
Interior Construction Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 50
- Subjects Involved:
- Asbestos Removal
- Windows and Doors
- Framing - Wood and Metal
- Finish Carpentry and Millwork
- Drywall and Plaster
- Flooring and Finishes
- Acoustical Ceilings
- Laws and Regulations
- Permits and Inspections
Interior Construction Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Interior Construction Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $721.21
NORTH CAROLINA INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $821.21
Interior Construction Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing