North Carolina Heating Group 3 Technician License
A Heating Group 3 Technician in North Carolina Forced air heating and cooling system with cooling capacity of fifteen (15) tons or less in any building. Must be a sub-licensee of a H3-I or H3-2 Contractor. This is not a contracting license.
How to Get the NC Heating Group 3 Technician License?
- Submit the NC Heating Group 3 Tech application to the board.
- To be eligible to take the Heating Group No. 3 Technician examination, an applicant must have 18 months (3,000 hours) on-site full-time experience in the installation, maintenance, service or repair of plumbing or heating systems related to the category for which license is sought, whether or not license was required for the work performed. To be eligible to take the Fuel Piping Technician examination, an applicant must have 9 months (1,500 hours) on-site full-time experience in the installation, maintenance, service or repair of fuel piping systems.
- Obtain a background check from an authorized provider.
- If your application is denied or you are required to provide additional information, you will be notified. If application is approved, you will receive notification of exam eligibility by mail or e-mail.
- Contact the exam provider to schedule the exam within 30 days.
- Once you pass, submit a Licensing Activation form and fee to obtain the license.
Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor Exam
Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Open Book
- Testing Company: State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors
- Hours Allotted: 4h
- The board does not disclose subject matters for the exam but If the examinee fails, he/she can get a strength/weakness report which lists the categories and the number correct / incorrect responses.
- Keep in mind that for any plumbing/fuel/fire/heating exam the usual subjects are related to: Drainage, water distribution, piping, and isometrics are core plumbing subjects, along with an understanding of swimming pools, wells, irrigation systems, medical gas, natural gas, fire protection, and heating.
Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA HEATING GROUP 3 TECHNICIAN - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,082.51
NORTH CAROLINA HEATING GROUP 3 TECHNICIAN - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,182.51
Heating Group 3 Technician Contractor Trade Books