North Carolina Elevator Electrical Contractor License
"Elevator Electrical Contractor" authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring only as an incident to the licensee’s elevator, dumbwaiter, escalator, moving walk, or personnel hoist business. Furthermore, the license authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair only electric wiring that
- Is an integral part of an elevator, dumbwaiter, escalator, moving walk, or personnel hoist;
- Is electrically isolated from the building wiring such as a safety switch or circuit breaker, that has been installed, complete with line-side connections, by others; and
- Originates at the load-side terminals of the protective isolating device, referred to as “beyond the disconnection means.”
How to Get the NC Elevator Electrical Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Elevator Electrical Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least two years of experience, of which at least one year shall be primary experience.
- You must include on the application information verifying that the applicant is primarily engaged in, or is regularly employed by and will be the listed qualified individual for a firm that is primarily engaged in, a lawful elevator business in this State.
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Elevator Electrical Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Elevator Electrical Contractor Exam
Elevator Electrical Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 3h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 40
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wiring Methods and Terminations
- Boxes and Fittings
- Motors and Control Wiring
- Load Calculations
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Elevator Electrical Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Elevator Electrical Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA ELEVATOR ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $326.88
NORTH CAROLINA ELEVATOR ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $356.88
Elevator Electrical Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
The 2017 National Electrical Code is used as a ref...$115.21$115.21
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code includes the late...$121.27$121.27
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$6.43$6.43
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$12.00$12.00