North Carolina Communications Contractor License
"Communications Contractor" covers the installation of the following: (i) all types of pole lines, and aerial and underground distribution cable for telephone systems; (ii) aerial and underground distribution cable for cable TV and master antenna TV systems capable of transmitting R.F. signals; (iii) underground conduit and communication cable including fiber optic cable; and (iv) microwave systems and towers, including foundations and excavations where required, when the microwave systems are being used for the purpose of transmitting R.F. signals; and installation of PCS or cellular telephone towers and sites.
How to Get the NC Communications Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Communications) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Communications Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Communications Contractor Exam
Communications Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 45
- Subjects Involved:
- MATV and Cable TV systems
- Foundations and Sitework
- Steel Erection
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- One Call
- Underground Cabling
- Licensing and Regulations
Communications Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Communications Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNICATIONS - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $520.68
NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNICATIONS - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $620.68
Communications Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
Books Not Allowed in Testing
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This book is only available for purchase as a PDF ...Sales price: $0.00
This code is specific to North Carolina and used f...$11.76$11.76
The purpose of this Article is to declare a State ...$11.57$11.57
Many advances have been made in concrete technolog...$129.26$129.26
This is a used book, used book pricing has been ap...$63.89$63.89
This handbook is an educational and information d...$16.12$16.12
Pipe & Excavation Contracting is an important refe...$28.06$28.06
This Guide address all the latest developments in ...$144.52$144.52
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15