Florida Fire Protection V Contractor License
Florida contractors certified as Fire Protection V have a scope of work which covers contracts requiring the layout, installation, inspection and service of the following types of fire protection systems:
- Underground piping for a fire protection system.*
- Piping beginning at the point of service and ending no more than 1 foot above the finished floor
*System must use water as the extinguishing agent.
A Contractor V may inspect underground piping for a water-based fire protection system under the direction of a Contractor I or Contractor II.
Pre-engineered systems are excluded from the scope of this license.
How to Obtain the Fire Protection V Contractor License in Florida
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be of good moral character.
- Submit the Fire V Contractor application to the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- Obtain General Liability Insurance.
- Have the necessary experience in the Fire Protection V trade:
- Four years (documented) working for a Fire V contractor, or
- Equivalent education and experience with V suppression systems.
- Experience/education must include knowledge of the layout of risers, cross mains, branch lines, sprinkler heads, sizing of pipe, hanger locations, and hydraulic calculations.
- Pass the exam within one year of submitting the application
Fire V contractors can challenge their exam as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Be licensed as a Certified Underground Utilities Contractors.
- Four Years of experience in the employment of a certified underground utilities or plumbing contractor.
- The applicant shall not be approved to challenge a competency examination unless the applicant has substantiated employment experience or a combination of employment and education.
Florida Fire Protection V Contractor License Exam
Florida Fire Protection V Contractors must pass an exam prior to obtaining their license. Below is all the information related to the trade exam, including the official reference lists.
- Testing Method: Computer-Based
- Testing Company: Pearson Vue©
- Time Allowed: 150 Minutes
- Passing Score: 70%
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects Involved:
- Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- One, Two Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Residential Occupancies Up to & Including 4 Stories in Height
- Standpipe and Hose Systems
- Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection
Deluge Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Water Sprinkler Spray Systems
- Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Suppression System Contractors
- Disciplinary Action
- Administrative Fine in lieu of suspension, revocation, or refusal to issue a permit or certificate
- Certificate Application and Issuance
- Application and Issuance
- Investigation of Applicant
- Certificate Effective Statewide; not transferable
- Issuance of Certificate to Individuals and Business Organizations
- Business Organizations
- Inactive certificate
- Continuing Education
- Fire Protection Systems
- Contracting without certificate prohibited
- Disciplinary action
- Fire protection system contractors
- Grounds for denial
- Violations Subject to Injunction
- Application of Law Regulating Contracting and Contractors
- Farm buildings
- Standpipe systems installed by plumbing companies
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems for One-Family Dwellings, Two-Family Dwellings, and Mobile Homes
- Florida Administrative Code
Courses for Fire Protection V
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
Fire Protection V Book Set
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION V - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $830.55
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION V - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $930.55
Fire Protection V Books
- Written by Gil M.