Florida Fire Protection V Contractor License
Florida contractors certified as Fire Protection V have a scope of work which covers contracts requiring the layout, installation, inspection and service of the following types of fire protection systems:
- Underground piping for a fire protection system.*
- Piping beginning at the point of service and ending no more than 1 foot above the finished floor
*System must use water as the extinguishing agent.
A Contractor V may inspect underground piping for a water-based fire protection system under the direction of a Contractor I or Contractor II.
Pre-engineered systems are excluded from the scope of this license.
How to Obtain the Fire Protection V Contractor License in Florida
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be of good moral character.
- Submit the Fire V Contractor application to the Bureau of Fire Prevention.
- Obtain General Liability Insurance.
- Have the necessary experience in the Fire Protection V trade:
- Four years (documented) working for a Fire V contractor, or
- Equivalent education and experience with V suppression systems.
- Experience/education must include knowledge of the layout of risers, cross mains, branch lines, sprinkler heads, sizing of pipe, hanger locations, and hydraulic calculations.
- Pass the exam within one year of submitting the application
Fire V contractors can challenge their exam as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Be licensed as a Certified Underground Utilities Contractors.
- Four Years of experience in the employment of a certified underground utilities or plumbing contractor.
- The applicant shall not be approved to challenge a competency examination unless the applicant has substantiated employment experience or a combination of employment and education.
Florida Fire Protection V Contractor License Exam
Florida Fire Protection V Contractors must pass an exam prior to obtaining their license. Below is all the information related to the trade exam, including the official reference lists.
- Testing Method: Computer-Based
- Testing Company: Pearson Vue©
- Time Allowed: 150 Minutes
- Passing Score: 70%
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of Questions: 100
- Subjects Involved:
- Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- One, Two Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Residential Occupancies Up to & Including 4 Stories in Height
- Standpipe and Hose Systems
- Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection
Deluge Foam-Water Sprinkler and Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Water Sprinkler Spray Systems
- Foam-Water Spray Systems
- Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- Fire Suppression System Contractors
- Disciplinary Action
- Administrative Fine in lieu of suspension, revocation, or refusal to issue a permit or certificate
- Certificate Application and Issuance
- Application and Issuance
- Investigation of Applicant
- Certificate Effective Statewide; not transferable
- Issuance of Certificate to Individuals and Business Organizations
- Business Organizations
- Inactive certificate
- Continuing Education
- Fire Protection Systems
- Contracting without certificate prohibited
- Disciplinary action
- Fire protection system contractors
- Grounds for denial
- Violations Subject to Injunction
- Application of Law Regulating Contracting and Contractors
- Farm buildings
- Standpipe systems installed by plumbing companies
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems for One-Family Dwellings, Two-Family Dwellings, and Mobile Homes
- Florida Administrative Code
Courses for Fire Protection V
We offer free live refresher online classes for Florida Contractors to help get ready for the Exam with the online class's purchase. The online classes are unlimited and can be accessed whenever needed; You can also attend live online classes as needed. All live refresher online classes are on Saturdays from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (ET); we teach how to solve math problems for trade, business, and finance problems.
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems
Fire Protection V Book Set
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION V - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,000.77
FLORIDA FIRE PROTECTION V - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,100.77
Fire Protection V Books
- Written by Gil M.