Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor License
The Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Metal, wood, and cement block fencing
- Automatic gates
- Fire access strobes
- Cattle guards
- Low voltage U.L. approved electrical fence protective devices of less than 25 volts and 100 watts
This license does not include any work on retaining walls.
How to get the Fencing (R-14) contractor’s license in Arizona?
- Identifying a Qualifying Party - A sole proprietorship (individual), a partnership, limited liability company, or a corporation may apply for a Fencing (R-14) contractor's license if they have a regularly employed person with the necessary experience, knowledge, and skills who serves as the qualifying party. All persons listed on the application must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience Requirements - The license classifications requirements must be met or exceeded when applying for an Arizona Fencing (R-14) contractor license. This license requires a minimum of 2 or 0* in the trade.
- Examination Requirements - The applicant must pass the SRE and Fencing (R-14) trade exam. The minimum passing score is 70%. Once completed, the results must be submitted to the ROC.
- Background Checks - The applicant and qualifying party must submit copies of the payment transaction receipt from their background checks.
- Form a Legal Entity - Partnerships must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. LLC’s and corporations are required to register with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Bond - The applicant must obtain and submit proof of a license bond. They must also include all required fees and assessments with the license application. The required bond amounts are as follows:
Gross Volume | Bond Amount
Less than $375,000 | $4,250
$375,000 or more | $7,500
The bond can be obtained from an Arizona-Licensed Surety Products Provider.
- Identification Forms - Both the Applicant and the Qualifying Party must submit a copy of their government-issued identification with the application. Driver Licenses and passports are acceptable forms of identification.
- Submit Application - Complete and submit a License Application Form to the Registrar by going to their physical location or by mailing the application to the Registrar of Contractors.
Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor License Exam Prep Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Before getting your Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor License you will need to complete the Arizona Statutes and Rules Training Course and Exam (SRE).
Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor License Exam
Below is all the information related to the exam including the content outline and the official reference list.
- Optional: Yes | *If two years of experience or more, no need to take the trade test. If no experience, do need to take the trade test.
- Testing Method: Computer-based testing
- Testing Company: PSI©
- Number of Questions: 30
- Time Allowed: 75 Minutes
- Minimum Passing Score: 70%
- Subjects Involved (number of questions):
- Layout and Installation (4)
- Metal Fencing (8)
- Post and Gates (4)
- Block Fencing (4)
- Wood Fences and Posts (7)
- OSHA Safety (3)
- PSI© Fencing (R-14) Official Content Outline
Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor Book Set
This set of books includes all required references for the Fencing (R-14) exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
ARIZONA FENCING (R-14) - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $54.58
ARIZONA FENCING (R-14) - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $74.58
Arizona Fencing (R-14) Contractor Exam Books
Books Allowed in Testing