Friday, December 8, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

Utah Modular Unit Installation (B200) Contractor License

The Modular Unit Installation (B200) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Construction of the permanent or temporary foundations
  • Placement of the modular unit on a permanent or temporary foundation
  • Securing the units together, if required
  • Securing the modular units to the foundations

Excludes installation of factory built housing and connection of required utilities.

How to Get the Modular Unit Installation (B200) Contractor License in Utah?

  1. Complete the trade application form
  2. Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
  3. Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
  4. Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
  5. Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  6. Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
  7. Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
  8. Send the corresponding documents to:
    Heber M. Wells Building
    160 East 300 South
    P.O. Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  9. Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period