Utah Factory Built Housing (R200) Contractor License

The Utah Factory Built Housing (R200) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Disconnect, setup, install, or remove manufactured housing on a temporary or permanent basis
  • Placing the manufactured housing on a permanent or temporary foundation
  • Securing the units together if required
  • Securing the manufactured housing to the foundation
  • Connecting the utilities from the near proximity, such as a meter, to the manufactured housing unit
  • Construction of foundations of less than four feet six inches in height

The scope of work DOES NOT include:

  • Preparation or finishing
  • Excavation of the ground in the area where a foundation is to be constructed, backfilling, and grading around the foundation
  • Construction of foundations of more than four feet six inches in height
  • Construction of utility services from the utility source, to and including the meter or meters if required, or if not required to the near proximity of the manufactured housing unit from which they are connected to the unit

How to Get the Factory Built Housing (R200) Contractor License in Utah?

  1. Complete the trade application form
  2. Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
  3. Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
  4. Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
  5. Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  6. Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
  7. Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
  8. Send the corresponding documents to:
    Heber M. Wells Building
    160 East 300 South
    P.O. Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  9. Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period