Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

Utah Drywall, Paint, and Plastering (S270) Contractor License

The Utah Drywall, Paint, and Plastering (S270) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Construction, installation, fabrication, and application of:
    • Drywall
    • Gypsum
    • Wallboard panels and assemblies
    • Lightweight metal and non-bearing wall partitions
    • Ceiling tile and panels
    • Grid system required for placement
  • Insulating media in buildings and structures for:
    • Temperature control
    • Sound control
    • Fireproofing
    • Mechanical insulation of pipes
    • Ducts
    • Conduits
  • Work with:
    • Stucco
    • Stucco to lathe
    • Plaster
    • Paints
    • Varnishes
    • Shellacs
    • Stains
    • Waxes
    • Other coatings or pigments

How to Get the Drywall, Paint, and Plastering (S270) Contractor License in Utah?

  1. Complete the trade application form
  2. Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
  3. Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
  4. Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
  5. Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  6. Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
  7. Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
  8. Send the corresponding documents to:
    Heber M. Wells Building
    160 East 300 South
    P.O. Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  9. Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period