Oregon Gas Utilities Servicer Apprenticeship License
The Gas Utilities Servicer Apprenticeship License allows you to do the following work:
- Repair damaged:
- Install, and/or repair:
- Gas meters
- Gas regulators
- Gas appliances
Test, and/or examine pipelines and equipment to locate leaks or faulty pipe connections, and to determine the pressure and flow of gas.
How to Get the Gas Utilities Servicer Apprenticeship License in Oregon?
Before applying, note that, first, previous experience with physical and volunteer work, punctuality, and consistent work history are all taken into account during the application process. If you don't have previous experience in the Gas Utilities Servicer Apprenticeship field, consider applying for a pre-apprenticeship program. Second, having a criminal record is not a work impediment.
- Meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School or General Educational Development (GED) diploma; refer to the list of apprenticeship trades to determine if a High School Diploma is needed
- Possess certain physical skills depending on the type of work to be carried out
- Have no issue with transportation to local or out-of-town areas and job sites
- Choose between the available programs for the Gas Utilities Servicer Apprenticeship, making sure that applications are being accepted:
- There are no apprenticeship programs for this trade at this time. Please refer to the Bureau of Labor and Industries for more information
- Present an interview and take the corresponding exams for the chosen program