Georgia Elevator, Limited (Class IIIR) Contractor License
The Elevator, Limited (Class IIIR) Contractor License allows you to do the following work on residential platform lifts and stairway chairlifts:
How to Get the Elevator, Limited (Class IIIR) Contractor’s License in Georgia?
- Create an account on the OCI Citizenserve site and complete the online application
- Meet the licensure requirements:
- Provide verification of having an Elevator Mechanic Certification
- Deliver proof of insurance:
- Submit to the Office an original or certified copy of an insurance policy issued by an insurance company authorized to do business in this State to provide general liability coverage of at least $500,000 for injury or death of one person and at least $500,000 for injury or death of any number of persons in any one occurrence, with the coverage of at least $250,000 for any property damages in any one occurrence and the statutory workers' compensation insurance coverage
- Take and pass the exam administered by the OCI
- Expect the license to be issued by the Office of the Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner
Please note that Elevator Contractor Certifications are valid for twelve months after issuance. Elevator Contractor classes require certification as an Elevator Mechanic before performing any work on elevators or other conveyances.