Application for Stucco in Fort Myers
How to apply Stucco?
- When applying stucco to existing brick, block, or concrete wall you will need to brush a concrete bonding agent. Let the bond completely dry.
- Once the bonding agent has dried, you are able to apply stucco directly to the structure and allow it to slightly harden. When applying the stucco it should begin with a scratch coat about 1/4" to 1/2" layer of mortar.
- Once the mortar has hardened, the surface should be scratched to a depth of ⅛’. Allow it to harden for about 36 and 48 hours. Periodically, mist the surface with water to keep the surface moist.
- After the curing period, the last coat will be applied. The last coat will need to be 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Now apply the desired texture you will like. Finally, let the coat to cure another 36 to 48 hours and occasional mist water to keep the surface moist.
Materials and tools
- The Hawk
- Scratcher Or Scarifier
- Green Floats
- Plastic floats
- Margin Trowel
- Pointing Trowel
- Inside Corner
- Outside Corner
- Rounded Corner
- Paddle Type Mixer/Mortar Mixer
- Dash Brush
Stucco Suppliers in Fort Myers
ABC Supply Co., Inc
Marjam Supply Company
Stucco Contractors in Fort Myers
Fallsafe Walls and Ceilings, LLC
ABF Drywall Inc