How to get a Subcontractor License in Alabama
To work in Alabama, you need to obtain your contractor license you would need to go through the steps of fulfilling the necessary steps required to obtain the license. This article will provide you information on how to go on completing the process.
Steps to obtaing your Sub-Contractor License
- Completed Sub Contractor Application Must be completed in its entirety, no attachments necessary. The same person completing the application may also complete the financial portion of the application.
- Three letters of reference from licensed contractors who are registered or qualified
- A certificate of business registration from the Alabama Secretary of State (for corporations). Copies of certificates you hold with the Alabama State Board.
- A $150 application fee payable to the Alabama Licensing Board for Contractors.
Submitting your application
Once you are done filling out your application, you'll need to send it in 30 days before any upcoming board meeting. you can check the schedule and mail your application over to
- Alabama Licensing Board for Contractors, 2525 Fairlane Dr., Montgomery, AL 36116, Phone: 334-272-5030, Fax: 334-395-5336
- Written by S. Alfonzo