What Can a Handyman Legally Do in Florida?
Please Be Advised That A Business Tax Receipt Is Not A License. There Is No License For A Handyman In The State Of Florida. To Perform Any Trade Regulated By The State Of Florida Or County You Need A License. If At Any Time You Are Unsure If You Are Permitted To Perform Certain Types Of Work, Please Contact your County Contractor Licensing Department For Verification. If you want to provide handyman services in Florida, there are a few things you’ll want to know when it comes to handyman licenses.
Work a Handyman Can Perform in the State of Florida Without a License:
Please check with your county
- Patch Cracks & Holes in Existing Concrete
- Exterior and Interior Cleaning
- Yard Maintenance
- Pressure Cleaning
- Cleaning Gutters
- Laying carpet, vinyl, wood, tile or laminate flooring
- Replace interior doors & trim
- Replace light bulbs with like type and wattage
- Replace fuses of same size only
- Repair window A/C units
- Replace disposable air filters
- Replace exhaust vent piping for clothes dryer only
What Happens If A Handyman Is Found Performing Work That Is Not Licensed To Perform?
If a handyman is found performing work that he/she is not licensed to perform, a citation in the amount of $500.00 will be issued. You may also be charged under Florida Statutes § 489.127. If you would like to do more than this work, you will need a license, please refer to our experts in licenses to get a better understanding, we can help you with more information, feel free to contact us at 866-986-7978.