Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

West Virginia Reciprocal Master License

The Reciprocal Master License allows you to do the following:

  • Reciprocal master work in the territory, provided that:
    • The candidate holds the equivalent license (from another State or Jurisdiction)

How to Get the Reciprocal Master License in West Virginia?

The WVOSFM recognizes reciprocity with all 50 States and their counties, cities, and townships.

  1. Fulfill the following set of requirements:
    1. A valid license granted by the State or Jurisdiction (submission of a copy of the license)
    2. 4000 hours or two years of electrical work experience
    3. Letter of Good Standing from the agency or licensing board for the individual seeking licensure, and include this information:
      • Full name
      • License details (number, type, initial issue date, and expiration date)
      • Licensure process (examination, reciprocity, grandfathering, etc.)
      • Disciplinary actions (if applicable)
  2. Fill out the application form and return it, along with the fee and other documents, to:
    1207 Quarrier St., Second Floor,
    Charleston, WV 25301
    • Candidates also have the option to apply online through the Public Portal established by the Office
  3. Acquire the license after approval of the West Virginia Fire Commission Office of the State Fire Marshal
    • Get in touch with the Office by phone at - (304) 558-2191 or via email to the Deputy at - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more details