Saturday, December 9, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

Washington Water Conditioning Equipment Contractor License

The Water Conditioning Equipment Contractor License allows you to install:

  • Water conditioning equipment or water treatment equipment with the use of:
    • Pipe and fittings as necessary to connect them in a water supply system and only within six feet of the water service supply

Drainlines must run to the existing floor drain, standpipe or outside the structure. Work in this specialty may require plumber certification.

How to Get the Water Conditioning Equipment Contractor’s License in Washington?

  1. Establish the business type and register with the Department of Revenue:
    • Determine the business name if setting up a sole proprietor or partnership
    • Refer to the Secretary of State for information on how to incorporate the business, if starting a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or a Corporation
  2. Fill out and get a Washington Continuous Contractor Surety Bond for the required amount
  3. Purchase a general liability insurance policy for the required amount
  4. Complete an Application for Contractor Registration with notarized signatures. If unsure of how to correctly fill out the application form, the Washington Department of Labor & Industries offers help with the application and business registration to those who visit their local offices
  5. Send all the previous documents along with the registration fee to:
    Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
    Contractor Registration
    P.O. BOX 44450
    Olympia, WA 98504-4450
    It is also possible to visit a local office to deliver all the documents and fees in person
  6. Obtain a registration card from the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries after the application is processed
  7. Note that once the business has been registered, it will be listed in the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries Verify a Contractor, Tradesperson, or Business site