Mobile Home Installation Certifications
In the State of Washington, the installation of mobile homes must be performed by an installer certified by the Labor & Industries Department. The Manufactured/Mobile Home Installer is currently the only Home Installation license offered by the Factory Assembled Structures (FAS) Advisory Board, which allows a person to perform the following installation work regarding home installation of construction of the foundation, assembly of the home, connecting the home to utilities and application of the skirting.
How to get a Manufactured/Mobile Home Installer license in Washington?
- Fill out and submit a completed Application for Manufactured Home Installer Training and Certification, along with the corresponding fee
- Issue a check or money order addressed to the Department of Labor & Industries and mail it to their PO Box: Factory Assembled Structures PO Box 44420 Olympia WA 98504-4420
- Note that applications must be received before the cutoff date, or else the application might be scheduled for the next available class
- Take the training course offered by the Department of Labor & Industries, which may be accessed online, and pass the 3-hour examination with a minimum score of 70%
- The applicant must wait for application approval to take the training and examination
- If approved, expect the department to issue the Installer Certification License
The Program also offers a “Training Only" option, which allows a person to take the training course without the exam. This option is usually preferred by any individual interested in the training content without needing certification.
For more information regarding the license requirements and examination details, please refer to the L&I website or contact The Board by phone at 1-800-705-1411 Option 3 or by email at
Mobile Home Installation Certifications Contact Information & Useful Links
- Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
- Factory Assembled Structures Advisory Board
- Application for Manufactured Home Installer Training and Certification
- Licensure Information for Installers