Friday, December 8, 2023

Contractor Campus

Books & Classes for your Contractor's License

Utah Radon Mitigation (S354) License

The Utah Radon Mitigation (S354) License allows you to do the following work:

  • Layout, fabrication, and installation of a radon mitigation system

The scope of work DOES NOT include:

  • Work on heat recovery ventilation or makeup air components that must be performed by a contractor
  • Electrical trade work that must be performed by a licensed contractor

How to Get the Radon Mitigation (S354) License in Utah?

  1. Fill out the trade application form
  2. Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
  3. Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
  4. Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
  5. Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  6. Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
  7. Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
  8. Send the corresponding documents to:
    Heber M. Wells Building
    160 East 300 South
    P.O. Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  9. Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period