Utah Landscape & Recreation (S330) Contractor License

The Landscape & Recreation (S330) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Grading and preparing of land for architectural, horticultural, or decorative treatment
  • Arrangement and planting of gardens, lawns, shrubs, vines, bushes, trees, or other decorative vegetation
  • The following letters below are an indicator of which the Landscape & Recreation (S330) Contractor License can construct, fabricate and install:
    • A
      • Swimming pools
      • Prefabricated pools
      • Spas
      • Decorative pools
      • Tanks
      • Fountains
      • Sprinkler systems
      • For systems that are not connected to the culinary water system, or that are connected to the culinary water system but separated from the culinary water system by a backflow prevention device, the contractor may connect the system to the backflow prevention device
    • B
      • Metal fireboxes
      • Fireplaces
      • Wood or coal-burning stoves, including the installation of venting and exhaust systems if the individual performing the installation is RMGA-certified
    • C
      • Retaining walls except retaining walls that are intended to hold:
      • Vehicles
      • Structures
      • Equipment
      • Non-natural fill materials
      • Within the area located within a 45 degree angle from the base of the retaining wall to the level where the additional weight bearing
    • D
      • Pergolas
      • Patios
      • Patio areas
      • Decking (including the deck structure and substructure)
    • E
      • Hothouses
      • Greenhouses
      • Walks
      • Garden lighting of class two or class three power-limited circuits
    • F
      • Flag poles
      • Fences
      • Guardrails
      • Handrails
      • Barriers
    • G
      • Sports and athletic courts
      • Ranges
      • Fields
      • Including:
        • Football fields
        • Tennis courts
        • Racquetball courts
        • Handball courts
        • Basketball courts
        • Bowling alleys
        • Shooting ranges
        • Running tracks
        • Playgrounds
        • Playground equipment
        • Rock climbing walls
        • Any similar court, field, surface, or related components; this includes:
          • Poles
          • Standards
          • Surface painting or coatings
          • Floors
          • Floor subsurface
          • Wall surface
          • Perimeter walls
          • Perimeter fencing
          • Scoreboards
          • Other equipment
          • Incidental concrete, excavation, or asphalt work related to the scope of practice

How to Get the Landscape & Recreation (S330) Contractor License in Utah?

  1. Fill out the trade application form
  2. Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
  3. Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
  4. Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
  5. Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  6. Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
  7. Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
  8. Send the corresponding documents to:
    Heber M. Wells Building
    160 East 300 South
    P.O. Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  9. Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period