Utah Fire Suppression Systems (S370) Contractor License
The Fire Suppression Systems (S370) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:
- Layout, fabrication, and installation of Fire Protection Systems using:
If a potable sanitary water supply system is used as the source of supply, connection to the water system shall be accomplished by a licensed Utah Residential Plumbing (P201) or a General Plumbing (P200) contractor. For further information, refer to the scope of work.
The scope of practice DOES NOT include the installation of Fire Suppression Systems in hoods above cooking appliances.
How to Get the Fire Suppression Systems (S370) Contractor License in Utah?
- Complete the trade application form
- Register online on My License E-Government
- Complete an approved 25-hour pre-licensure course from one of the following Utah-approved providers:
- Attain a General Liability Insurance Certificate with the minimum required coverage of $100,000 for each incident and $300,000 in total and where DOPL is listed as certificate holder
- Register your business entity with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
- Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Acquire the following if the applicant has employees:
- Obtain the following if the applicant does not have employees:
- Send the corresponding documents to:
Heber M. Wells Building
160 East 300 South
P.O. Box 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
- Expect a response from the department in a 4 to 6-week period