Utah Burglar Alarm Licenses
The Burglar Alarm Company and Burglar Alarm Company Qualifier licenses are issued by the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. The companies applying for the Burglar Alarm Company license won't need to take an examination, but they must have a licensed, qualified agent.
How to get a Burglar Alarm Company License in Utah?
Meet the following requirements:
- Have a qualifying agent who is the applicant's director, officer, partner, or proprietor. The qualifying agent must have 2000 hours of managerial experience with an alarm company or construction business and 6000 hours of experience with an alarm company.
- Have a qualifying agent who has passed the Qualifying Agent exam.
- Have current comprehensive liability insurance ($300,000/incident) and not less than $1,000,000 in total.
- Have a Proof of Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Have fingerprint cards of each person who owns the company.
- Complete the license application process:
- If applying online, complete the process in My License E-Government
- If applying by mail, complete the application form and send it to:
Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
PO BOX 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
- Expect the Department's response on your license in a 4 to 6-week period.
How to get a Burglar Alarm Qualifier Company License in Utah?
- Register for the Burglar Alarm Qualifier and Burglar Alarm Laws & Rules examinations.
- After passing the examinations, complete the license application process:
- Expect the answer of the Department in a 4 to 6-week period time.
Useful Links for Burglar Alarm Licenses in Utah
Contact Information for Burglar Alarm Candidates in Utah