Updated General Contractor License Exam Test Books and Tabs for 2021
The Examination questions will be answered based on the information below, some of the questions will also be based on knowledge of trade and experience. Only one copy of each reference will be allowed into the examination. References containing underlining with pen or highlighter may be used. Hand-written and typewritten notes are NOT allowed. Existing hand-written notes must be blackened out or removed completely, by the candidate, prohibiting legibility. Moveable tabs are NOT allowed. You will not be permitted to make any marks in your references during the examination. In 2021 some of the books for the General Contractor Exam will NOT be allowed inside the testing room.
Trade Books for the General Contractor Exam
The following books are for the trade General Contractor, for more information on these books click here.
Books ALLOWED in the testing room for the General Contract Administration and Project Management Exam.
- AIA A201 General Conditions of the Contractor for Construction, 2017.
- AIA A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017.
- AIA A701 Instruction to Bidders, 2017.
- Code of Federal Regulations (OSHA) 29 Part 1910.
- Florida Contractors Manual, 2020.
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 2020.
- Building Component Safety Information: BCSI-ED2-D “Guide to Good Practices for Handling, Installing and Bracing of Metal Connected Wood Trusses”, 2018.
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020.
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2020.
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2020.
- Florida Building Code - Existing Building, 2020.
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2020.
Books NOT ALLOWED in the testing room for the General Project Management and Contract Administration Exam.
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, 2001.
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, 31th Edition, 2017.
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, 16th Edition, 2016.
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th Edition, 2019.
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th Edition, 2019.
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
Business Books for the General Contractor Exam
All business books listed below are allowed in the testing room.
- Written by Emily S.