Polk City Permits
To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit Polk County
Polk City uses a third party for Permitting; for information, please visit the Accela Citizen Portal
Process for Permitting
There are steps to Permitting you must follow in order to obtain the permit.
- Submit Application Online, must provide the Owners Name, Property Address & Parcel ID Number, Directions to the Property & Gate Code, Description of Work, Total Value of Work.
- Upload or deliver required Plans and Supporting Plan Documentation (Pay Applicable Fees) Construction documents, a statement of special inspections, and other data shall be submitted with each application for a permit.
- At a minimum two (2) sets of the following shall be submitted for Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family, Trade, One and Two Family Residential: Individual Lot Plot Plan, Proof of Approved Site Construction Plan, Foundation Plan, Floor/Roof Framing Plan or Truss Layout, All Exterior Elevations, and Floor Plan.
- Have Plans Reviewed and Approved
- Upload Documents Required prior to Permit Issuance. (Pay Applicable Fees)
- These are not required prior to plan review, however they must be submitted prior to any Permit Issuance: Construction Waste/Setback Form, Primary Contractor Info, Sub-Contractor Info, and Additional Documents may be required based on scope of work, applicants will be notified.
- Permit Issued. After Permit issuance, a Recorded Notice of Commencement or other documents may be required before inspections.
All fees are determind on the valuation of the work and fees are due at the time of permit issuance.
- Building and Permitting Construction fees are listed at Construction Fees Resolution