City of Apopka Permits
To view license requirements, definitions, exams, books, and classes, please visit Orange County.
The City of Apopka uses a third party for permitting; for more information, please visit the Online Permit System.
Types of Building Permits
The City of Apopka has multiple permits for many trades; for more information, please review the following.
Building Permits are required to erect, enlarge, alter, remove, demolish or repair a structure in the City of Apopka. This includes everything from fences and garages to commercial construction, signs, and additions.
- Other Types of Building Permits Include:
- Backflow Preventers
- Fire sprinkler
Electrical Permits are required for all electrical work, including the installation of new electrical service equipment, existing service relocations, service increases, as well as fixed appliances and equipment connections.
Engineering Permits are required for new construction, replacement, repair, or alterations of paving, curbing, and storm drainage work.
Mechanical Permits are required for new construction, the replacement, repair, or alteration of mechanical systems in structures.
Plumbing Permits are required for all plumbing work, including:
- Backflow preventers
- New construction
- Related fixtures and appliances, which includes:
- Gas lines
- Installation of fire and lawn sprinkler systems and associated piping to flammable liquids
- Propane tanks
- Sewage disposal systems
- Water mains
- Water service
- Permits are valid for 180 days from the date issued or 90 days after the last approved inspection.
- If your permit expires, a new permit application and permit fee will be required (FBC 18.104.22.168).M