Oregon Structural Plans Examiner A-Level (PEA) License
The Structural Plans Examiner A-Level (PEA) License allows you to do the following work:
- Commercial building plans
- Work with homeowners, builders, architects, and engineers to ensure compliance with the Oregon Structural Specialty Code
- Review construction plans for work that falls within the B-Level Structural Plans Examiners license
- Can't perform fire and life safety plan review for structures required to receive state approval
How to Get the Structural Plans Examiner A-Level (PEA) License in Oregon?
This process allows the applicant to convert any nationally recognized or International Code Council (ICC©) certification into an Oregon inspector certification.
- Hold a valid Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC)
- Review the Building Codes Division’s conversion chart:
- A Building Plans Examiner (ICC B3) license can be converted into a Structural Plans Examiner- A-Level (PEA) license
- Complete the National Certification Conversion Application and pay the required fee
- Attach evidence of national or ICC© certification. Include name, license type, and expiration date