Oregon Restricted Energy (CRE) Contractor License

The Restricted Energy (CRE) Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • HVAC activities
  • Work limited to the signing supervisor license limitations
  • Additional endorsements approved by the Building Codes Division

How to Get the Restricted Energy (CRE) Contractor’s License in Oregon?

  1. Fill out the Restricted Energy (CRE) License Application Form
  2. Provide the company’s Construction Contractors Board number and expiration date:
    • According to OAR 918-030-0015, businesses registered with the Building Codes Division (BCD) and applying for a business license must show an active license with the Construction Contractors Board (CCB)
    • If the business/company is exempt from CCB licensure, the applicant must attach a letter with the application packet explaining the reason for the exemption
  3. Register the company’s name with Oregon’s Secretary of State
  4. Designate a Signing Supervisor:
  5. Submit a list of the business's employees
  6. Submit a complete packet including all the previous documents by mail or fax (do not email the application packet) to:
    Oregon Building Codes Division
    P.O. Box 14470
    Salem, OR 97309-0404
    Fax: 503-378-2322