Oregon Mechanical Inspector A-Level (MIA) License
The Mechanical Inspector A-Level (MIA) License allows you to do the following work:
- Inspect mechanical constructions
- Plan reviews
- Compliance with the Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
- Supervise work covered by the B-Level Mechanical Inspector classification
How to Get the Mechanical Inspector A-Level (MIA) License in Oregon?
This process allows the applicant to convert any nationally recognized or International Code Council (ICC©) certification into an Oregon inspector certification.
- Hold a valid Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC)
- Review the Building Codes Division’s conversion chart:
- A Commercial Mechanical Inspector (ICC M2) license or a Mechanical Inspector (IAPMO) license can be converted into a Mechanical Inspector- A-Level (MIA) license
- Complete the National Certification Conversion Application and pay the required fee
- Attach evidence of national or ICC© certification. Include name, license type, and expiration date