Oregon Cabinet Maker Apprenticeship License
The Cabinet Maker Apprenticeship License allows you to do the following work:
- Fabricate and install:
- Window frames
- Exposed beams
- Exposed columns
How to Get the Cabinet Maker Apprenticeship License in Oregon?
Before applying, note that, first, previous experience with physical and volunteer work, punctuality, and consistent work history are all taken into account during the application process. If you don't have previous experience in the Cabinet Maker Apprenticeship field, consider applying for a pre-apprenticeship program. Second, having a criminal record is not a work impediment.
- Meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School or General Educational Development (GED) diploma; refer to the list of apprenticeship trades to determine if a High School Diploma is needed
- Possess certain physical skills depending on the type of work to be carried out
- Have no issue with transportation to local or out-of-town areas and job sites
- Choose between the available programs for the Cabinet Maker Apprenticeship, making sure that applications are being accepted:
- There are no apprenticeship programs for this trade at this time. For more information, please refer to the Bureau of Labor and Industries
- Present an interview and take the corresponding exams for the chosen program