North Carolina Roofing Contractor License
"Roofing Contractor" covers the installation and repair of roofs and decks on residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional structures requiring materials that form a water-tight and weather-resistant surface. The term “materials” for purposes of this Subparagraph includes cedar, cement, asbestos, clay tile and composition shingles, all types of metal coverings, wood shakes, single ply and built-up roofing, protective and reflective roof and deck coatings, sheet metal valleys, flashings, gravel stops, gutters and downspouts, and bituminous waterproofing.
How to Get the NC Roofing Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Roofing) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Roofing Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Roofing Contractor Exam
Roofing Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 60
- Subjects Involved:
- Roofing - Substrate
- Roofing - Steep
- Roofing Repairs
- Roofing - Elastomeric
- Roofing - Built - up Bituminous
- Business and Law
- Sheet Metal and Flashing
- General Building Code Requirements
Roofing Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Roofing Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA ROOFING - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $961.67
NORTH CAROLINA ROOFING - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $1,051.67
Roofing Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
This is a fully integrated code based on the 2015 ...$143.09$143.09
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
Includes all of the administrative codes and polic...$42.34$42.34
NRCA Roofing Manual: Steep-slope Roof Systems is o...$210.00$210.00
The Metal Panel and SPF Roof Systems is one of the...$210.62$210.62
This manual provides best industry practices and t...$210.00$210.00
Books Not Allowed in Testing