North Carolina Railroad Construction Contractor License
"Railroad Construction Contractor" covers the building, construction and repair of railroad lines including: (i) the clearing and filling of rights of-way; (ii) shaping, compacting, setting, and stabilizing of road beds; (iii) setting ties, tie plates, rails, rail connectors, frogs, switch plates, switches, signal markers, retaining walls, dikes, fences, and gates; and (iv) Construction and repair of tool sheds and platforms.
How to Get the NC Railroad Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Railroad) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Railroad Construction Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Railroad Construction Contractor Exam
Railroad Construction Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 50
- Subjects Involved:
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Track Construction
- Concrete Railway Structures
- One Call
- Laws and Regulations
Railroad Construction Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Railroad Construction Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA RAILROAD CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $571.07
NORTH CAROLINA RAILROAD CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $661.07
Railroad Construction Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
This manual is a combination of 3 codes together....$38.44$38.44
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This code is specific to North Carolina and used f...$11.76$11.76
The purpose of this Article is to declare a State ...$11.57$11.57
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This handbook is an educational and information d...$16.12$16.12
Division of Coastal Management, NC Department of E...$349.62$349.62
This book is out of print....Sales price: $0.00
Pipe & Excavation Contracting is an important refe...$28.06$28.06
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15