North Carolina Plumbing Technician Contractor License
A Plumbing Technician Contractor in North Carolina can work on potable water and drain / waste / vent piping systems. Must be a sublicensee of a P-I, P-II or RLP Contractor. This is not a contracting license.
How to Get the NC Plumbing Technician License?
- Submit the NC Plumbing Technician application to the board.
- To be eligible to take the technician examination, an applicant must have 18 months (3,000 hours) on-site full-time experience in the installation, maintenance, service or repair of plumbing or heating systems related to the category for which license is sought, whether or not license was required for the work performed. To be eligible to take the Fuel Piping Technician examination, an applicant must have 9 months (1,500 hours) on-site full-time experience in the installation, maintenance, service or repair of fuel piping systems.
- Obtain a background check from an authorized provider.
- If your application is denied or you are required to provide additional information, you will be notified. If application is approved, you will receive notification of exam eligibility by mail or e-mail.
- Contact the exam provider to schedule the exam within 30 days.
- Once you pass, submit a Licensing Activation form and fee to obtain the license.
Plumbing Technician Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Plumbing Technician Contractor Exam
Plumbing Technician Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Open Book
- Testing Company: State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors
- Hours Allotted: 4h
- Trade only
- The board does not disclose subject matters for the exam but If the examinee fails, he/she can get a strength/weakness report which lists the categories and the number correct / incorrect responses.
- Keep in mind that for any plumbing exam the usual subjects pertain around these: Drainage, water distribution, piping, and isometrics are core plumbing subjects, along with an understanding of swimming pools, wells, irrigation systems, medical gas, natural gas, fire protection, and heating.
Plumbing Technician Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Plumbing Technician Contractor exam. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA PLUMBING TECHNICIAN - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $392.22
NORTH CAROLINA PLUMBING TECHNICIAN - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $442.22
Plumbing Technician Contractor Trade Books
Includes all of the administrative codes and polic...$42.34$42.34
This is a fully integrated code based on the 2015 ...$95.12$95.12
This is a fully integrated code based on the 2015 ...$91.63$91.63
This is a fully integrated code based on the 2015 ...$142.95$142.95
This book must be purchased before even applying f...$20.18$20.18