North Carolina Metal Erection Contractor License
"Metal Erection Contractor" covers: (i) the field fabrication, erection, repair and alteration of architectural and structural shapes, plates, tubing, pipe and bars, not limited to steel or aluminum, that are or may be used as structural members for buildings, equipment, and structure; and (ii) the layout, assembly and erection by welding, bolting or riveting such metal products as curtain walls, tanks of all types, hoppers, structural members for buildings, towers, stairs, conveyor frames, cranes and crane runways, canopies, carports, guard rails, signs, steel scaffolding as a permanent structure, rigging, flagpoles, fences, steel and aluminum siding, bleachers, fire escapes, and seating for stadiums, arenas, and auditoriums.
How to Get the NC Metal Erection Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Metal Erection) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Metal Erection Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Metal Erection Contractor Exam
Metal Erection Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2.5h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 65
- Subjects Involved:
- Metal Roofing and Siding
- Reinforcing Steel
- Safety - OSHA Subpart R
- Safety - General
- Steel Decks
- Steel Joists and Girders
- Laws and Regulations
- Metal Fencing
Metal Erection Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Metal Erection Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA METAL ERECTION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $463.34
NORTH CAROLINA METAL ERECTION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $563.34
Metal Erection Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
This document can be downloaded and printed at no ...$19.02$19.02
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This guide is an accessible and practical code of ...$84.65$84.65
Placing Reinforcing Bars covers all aspects of con...$89.35$89.35
As published by the Steel Joist institute, this up...$51.17$51.17
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15
SDI (Steel Deck Institute) Manual of Construction ...$11.01$11.01
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This is a used book, used book pricing has been ap...$63.89$63.89
Fences and Retaining Walls contains all the inform...$28.75$28.75