North Carolina Masonry Contractor License
A Masonry Contractor's license in North Carolina covers the installation, with or without the use of mortar or adhesives, of the following: (i) brick, concrete block, gypsum partition tile, pumice block, or other lightweight and facsimile units and products common to the masonry industry; (ii) installation of fire clay products and refractory construction; and (iii) installation of rough cut and dressed stone, marble panels and slate units, and installation of structural glazed tile or block, glass brick or block, and solar screen tile or block.
How to Get the NC Masonry Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Masonry) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Masonry Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Masonry Contractor Exam
Masonry Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 50
- Subjects Involved:
- Concrete Block
- Specialty Masonry
- Mortar and Grout
- Laws and Regulations
- General Building Code Requirements
Masonry Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Masonry Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA MASONRY - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $579.16
NORTH CAROLINA MASONRY - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $649.16
Masonry Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing