North Carolina Marine Construction Contractor License
"Marine Construction Contractor" covers all marine construction and repair activities and all types of marine construction in deep-water installations and in harbors, inlets, sounds, bays, and channels; it covers dredging, construction and installation of pilings, piers, decks, slips, docks, and bulkheads. It does not include structures required on docks, slips and piers.
How to Get the NC Marine Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Marine) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Marine Construction Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Marine Construction Contractor Exam
Marine Construction Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 50
- Subjects Involved:
- CAMA Regulated Areas
- Small Docks
- Pile Driving
- Concrete Reinforcement
- Laws and Regulations
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
Marine Construction Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Marine Construction Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA MARINE CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $436.76
NORTH CAROLINA MARINE CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $536.76
Marine Construction Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
This handbook is designed to help you understand w...$15.76$15.76
A complete overview of all aspects of construction...$52.98$52.98
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This code is specific to North Carolina and used f...$11.76$11.76
The purpose of this Article is to declare a State ...$11.57$11.57
Many advances have been made in concrete technolog...$129.26$129.26
Dock Manual, Design, Building, Maintaining is an i...$10.58$10.58
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
Placing Reinforcing Bars covers all aspects of con...$89.35$89.35
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15