North Carolina Marine Construction Contractor License
A Marine Construction Contractor's license in NC covers all marine construction and repair activities and all types of marine construction in deep-water installations and in harbors, inlets, sounds, bays, and channels; it covers dredging, construction and installation of pilings, piers, decks, slips, docks, and bulkheads. It does not include structures required on docks, slips and piers.
How to Get the NC Marine Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Marine) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Marine Construction Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$525.00$525.00
Marine Construction Contractor Exam
Marine Construction Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 50
- Subjects Involved:
- CAMA Regulated Areas
- Small Docks
- Pile Driving
- Concrete Reinforcement
- Laws and Regulations
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
Marine Construction Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Marine Construction Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA MARINE CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $498.41
NORTH CAROLINA MARINE CONSTRUCTION - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $598.41
Marine Construction Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
Books Not Allowed in Testing