North Carolina Intermediate Electrical Contractor License
"Intermediate Electrical Contractor" shall be permitted to engage in a single electrical contracting project of a value not in excess of one hundred thirty thousand dollars ($130,000).
How to Get the NC Intermediate Electrical Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Intermediate Electrical Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least four years of experience, of which at least two and one half years shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.
- You shall furnish a $60,001.00 Intermediate Bonding Ability Statement with Power of Attorney attached; OR a letter showing a line of credit issued by a bank, savings bank, or savings and loan association pursuant to G.S. 87-43.2(a)(4)
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Intermediate Electrical Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Intermediate Electrical Contractor Exam
Intermediate Electrical Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 6h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 100
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wiring Methods and Terminations
- Boxes and Fittings
- Service Entrance and Equipment
- Motors and Control Wiring
- Special Occupancies and Hazardous Locations
- Load Calculations
- Appliances, Equipment, and Lighting
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Intermediate Electrical Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Intermediate Electrical Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA INTERMEDIATE ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $326.88
NORTH CAROLINA INTERMEDIATE ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $356.88
Intermediate Electrical Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
The 2017 National Electrical Code is used as a ref...$115.21$115.21
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code includes the late...$121.27$121.27
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$6.43$6.43
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$12.00$12.00
This one page document is needed for testing and i...Sales price: $0.00