North Carolina Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor License
"Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor" authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair electric wiring only as an incident to the licensee’s groundwater pump business. Furthermore, the license authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair only wiring that is directly related to a groundwater pump and that:
- Is restricted to circuits or parts of circuits that operate at voltages not exceeding 600 volts, phase-to-phase;
- Is electrically isolated from the building wiring system by an overcurrent protective isolating device that:
- Has been installed, complete with line-side connections, by others;
- Is permanently and legibly marked to identify the equipment served by the device; and
- Is located adjacent to the controller for the specific groundwater pump equipment involved and within an enclosure intended solely for, and limited to, serving that equipment;
- Originates at the load-side terminals of the protective isolating device; and
- is not installed in a location considered as hazardous under the National Electrical Code.
How to Get the NC Ground Water Pump Electrical Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Ground Water Pump Electrical Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least two years of experience, of which at least one year shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.
- You must include on the application information verifying that the applicant is primarily engaged in, or is regularly employed by and will be the listed qualified individual for a firm that is primarily engaged in, a lawful ground water pump business in this State.
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor Exam
Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 3h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 40
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wiring Methods and Terminations
- Boxes and Fittings
- Motors and Control Wiring
- Load Calculations
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA GROUNDWATER PUMP ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $326.88
NORTH CAROLINA GROUNDWATER PUMP ELECTRICAL - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $179.65
Groundwater pump Electrical Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
The 2017 National Electrical Code is used as a ref...$115.21$115.21
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code includes the late...$121.27$121.27
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$6.43$6.43
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$12.00$12.00