North Carolina Grading and Excavating Contractor License
"Grading and Excavating Contractor" covers the digging, moving and placing of materials forming the surface of the earth, excluding air and water, in such a manner that the cut, fill, excavation, grade, trench, backfill, or any similar operation can be executed with the use of hand and power tools and machines commonly used for these types of digging, moving, and material placing. It covers work on earthen dams and the use of explosives used in connection with all or any part of the activities described in this Subparagraph. It also includes clearing and grubbing, and erosion control activities.
How to Get the NC Grading and Excavating Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Grading and Excavating) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Grading and Excavating Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Grading and Excavating Contractor Exam
Grading and Excavating Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 45
- Subjects Involved:
- General Knowledge and Regulations
- Excavating and Grading
- Safety - Code of Federal Regulations
- Lien Law
- Licensing and Regulations
- One Call
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control
Grading and Excavating Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Grading and Excavating Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA GRADING AND EXCAVATING - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $285.44
NORTH CAROLINA GRADING AND EXCAVATING - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $365.44
Grading and Excavating Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This code is specific to North Carolina and used f...$11.76$11.76
The purpose of this Article is to declare a State ...$11.57$11.57
This handbook is an educational and information d...$16.12$16.12
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
Pipe & Excavation Contracting is an important refe...$28.06$28.06
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15