North Carolina Electric Sign Contractor License
"Electric Sign Contractor" authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair electric wiring or devices only as an incident to the licensee’s electric sign business. Furthermore, the license authorizes the licensee to install, maintain, or repair only wiring that is directly related to electric signs and is electrically isolated from the building wiring system. Wiring that is directly related differs depending on the type sign involved. related wiring is the portion of the electric sign wiring that originates at the load-side terminals of a disconnecting means located immediately adjacent to the electric sign involved, or originates within a junction box so located. Related wiring does not include the installation of the disconnecting means, complete with line-side connections, or the installation of the junction box, complete with free-length circuit conductors to accommodate the connection of the related wiring in the box.
How to Get the NC Electric Sign Contractor’s License?
- Complete the North Carolina Electric Sign Contractor License Application and submit it to the board.
- Submit written statements from at least two persons attesting to your good character.
- You must have at least two years of experience, of which at least one year shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.
- You must include on the application information verifying that the applicant is primarily engaged in, or is regularly employed by and will be the listed qualified individual for a firm that is primarily engaged in, a lawful electric sign business in this State.
- You must have taken and passed the necessary exam(s).
- If you are or will be part of a corporation or limited liability company, you must register the business with the NC Secretary of State (www.sosnc.gov ).
Electric Sign Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Electric Sign Contractor Exam
Electric Sign Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 3h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 40
- Subjects Involved:
- Bonding and Grounding
- Overcurrent Protection
- Wiring Methods and Terminations
- Boxes and Fittings
- Load Calculations
- Appliances, Equipment, and Lighting
- Laws, Rules, Basic Business Practices, and Practical Applications
Electric Sign Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Electric Sign Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA ELECTRIC SIGN - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $326.88
NORTH CAROLINA ELECTRIC SIGN - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $356.88
Electric Sign Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
The 2017 National Electrical Code is used as a ref...$115.21$115.21
NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm Code includes the late...$121.27$121.27
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$6.43$6.43
This document is needed for testing and is found f...$12.00$12.00
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97