North Carolina Boring and Tunneling Contractor License
"Boring and Tunneling Contractor" covers the construction of underground or underwater passageways by digging or boring through and under the earth’s surface, including the bracing and compacting of such passageways to make them safe for the purpose intended. It includes preparation of the ground surfaces at points of ingress and egress.
How to Get the NC Boring and Tunneling Contractor’s License?
- Complete the Application for License to Practice General Contracting (Boring and Tunneling) in the State of North Carolina and submit it to the board.
- The Board’s staff will review applications for completeness and compliance with licensing requirements. This process can typically take up to 2 or 3 weeks.
- If corrections or more information is required, the Board’s staff will email you.
- When you meet all requirements you will be mailed an exam eligibility letter (this letter would state that you can take the exam).
- You must schedule and take the exam (required books and related classes are listed below).
- After passing the exam(s), the testing company will notify the board.
- Once the Board gives final approval, the license is granted and assigned a license number.
Boring and Tunneling Contractor Course
Login credentials emailed upon enrollment
Unlimited access (no time limits)
How to find answers in the books
Step-by-step solutions to math problems$425.00$425.00
Boring and Tunneling Contractor Exam
Boring and Tunneling Contractor Trade Exam
- Testing Method: Computer-based; Semi-Open Book
- Testing Company: PSI
- Hours Allotted: 2h
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 60
- Subjects Involved:
- Boring and Tunneling
- Concrete Reinforcement
- Hoisting and Rigging
- One Call
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Laws and Regulations
Boring and Tunneling Contractor Book Set
The book set includes all required references for the Boring and Tunneling Contractor exam. Please keep in mind that although not all the books are allowed in the exam you will be tested on all the references. Orders placed before 2 PM are shipped the same day via UPS and a tracking number is emailed before 3 PM.
NORTH CAROLINA BORING AND TUNNELING - BOOK SET WITHOUT TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $689.07
NORTH CAROLINA BORING AND TUNNELING - BOOK SET WITH TABS INCLUDES ALL BOOKS FOR TRADE AND BUSINESS EXAMSSales price: $789.07
Boring and Tunneling Contractor Trade Books
Books Allowed in Testing
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Stan...$31.38$31.38
This is a used book, used book pricing has been ap...$120.47$120.47
Books Not Allowed in Testing
This code is specific to North Carolina and used f...$11.76$11.76
The purpose of this Article is to declare a State ...$11.57$11.57
This handbook is an educational and information d...$16.12$16.12
Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your busin...$71.97$71.97
Pipe & Excavation Contracting is an important refe...$28.06$28.06
Laws and Regulations Applicable to General Contrac...$12.15$12.15
This book is only available as a PDF and its avail...Sales price: $0.00
Standard ASCE/CI 36-15, covers the planning, desig...$53.67$53.67
The code gives practical advice on how to decide o...$16.97$16.97
This manual covers the best ways for cost estimati...$5.72$5.72
Many advances have been made in concrete technolog...$129.26$129.26
Training and Certification of Field Personnel for ...$90.62$90.62
Placing Reinforcing Bars covers all aspects of con...$89.35$89.35