Michigan Facility Electrical Non-Contractor License

The Facility Electrical Non-Contractor License allows you to do the following work:

  • Repair existing electrical wiring in a facility (e.g. apartment complex, warehouse, commercial store) when in employed by the facility owner
  • Extend and modify electrical system to satisfy the facility’s electrical needs

How to Get a Facility Electrical Non-Contractor License in Michigan?

  1. Satisfy the licensing requirements:
  2. Submit the application via mail or online along with the corresponding fee(s).
    • To apply by mail, fill out the form and send it with the fee, and exemptions (if applicable) to P.O. Box 30255, Lansing, MI 48909.
    • To apply and pay the application fee online, follow the next steps.
      1. Enter to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
      2. Login or create an account.
      3. Go to “BCC licenses” and click on “Apply for a License”.
      4. Read and accept the terms.
      5. Select the Facility Electrical Non-Contractor license and trade.
      6. Complete each step (includes fee payment online).
    • Veterans with evidence of separation from the United States armed forces under “honorable” or “general honorable” are exempt from the initial license fee. For consideration attach a DD-214 or DD-215 to the application.
  3. Upon approval schedule with PSI©:
    1. Wait for the department's approval. Then, expect a letter with payment and schedule instructions for the PSI© examination.
    2. If the application is denied, reapplication is needed.
    3. To schedule and pay for the PSI© examination, register or sign in with the same data of the LARA initial application.
    4. Select the corresponding examination and add the information sent by the BCC.
    5. Pay and schedule the examination.