Limited Trainee Electrician Contractor's License
Any person who, for the purpose of learning the trade of specialty journeyman electrician, engages in the installation of electric wiring or equipment while under the constant on-the-job supervision of a qualified specialty journeyman electrician of the same category
All schooling and work experience must have been obtained per state requirements.
*YOU MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF LEGAL IDENTIFICATION (Driver’s license, Passport, Military ID
- To qualify for the Limited Electrical Trainee registration, an applicant must:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Submit a completed notarized application (included).
- Pay the $30 (non-refundable) license registration fee.
- To maintain a Limited Electrical Trainee registration, an individual must:
- Be employed by a licensed Limited Electrical Contractor of the same limited category.
- Work under the constant supervision of a licensed Limited Electrical Installer of the same limited category.
Please Note: Registration as a Limited Electrical Trainee is issued for a period of three (3) years. Hours will be credited only so long as the trainee is actively registered with the Division of Building Safety