Kentucky Journeyman Plumber License
A Journeyman Plumber in Kentucky may perform the construction, installation, alteration, maintenance, repair, remodeling or removal, and replacement of plumbing under the supervision, direction, and responsibility of a master plumber.
Journeyman Plumber Requirements
Must have two years of Plumbing experience before registering your exam All test for the Division of Plumbing are conducted by our Department.
- Have completed two consecutive years’ experience as an apprentice plumber,
- Completion of a committee-approved course may substitute one year of experience, and no more;
- Provide proof of experience;
- Have completed the designated exam with an overall score of at least 75%, and have scores of 70% or higher per each section of the exam;
- General liability insurance of at least $250,000;
- Be a citizen of the U.S. or authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Be of good moral character;
- Be at least 18 years old.