Page 1 of 3
City of Jacksonville Contractor Permits
To view license requirements, definition, exams, books, and classes, please visit the Duval County Licenses
- No permit will be issued without current Registration
- In the City of Jacksonville to apply for selected permit types; pay for permits; check the status of permits and plans, and schedule inspections you must use the online Building Permit Services. Building Permit Services
- For more information on Residential permitting please visit the City of Jacksonville
- A Homeowner may permit for construction of or renovations to their primaty residence.
The Homeowner must appear in person at the Building Inspection Division,
214 N. Hogan St.,
Jacksonville, FL 32202
904-630-1100 Option 4.
Requirments for owner Permitting
- A homeowner may elect to obtain a building permit in their name on the property that is for their own use.
- All work must be done by the homeowner or licensed or registered contractors who are subcontracted and supervised by the homeowner.
- The owner need not obtain an additional roofing permit if the roofing is part of the job for a new home or addition and they are doing the work themselves
- The property owner must sign an affidavit affirming the owners intent to perform the permitted work.
- For more information on commercial permitting please visit the City of Jacksonville.City of Jacksonville
Requirments for Commercial Permitting
- Site clearing, building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are generally required for any new commercial projects.
- Only an original printed Application will be accepted for processing.